Special Interests: oncologic surgery, wound management, thoracic surgery, urogenital surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, portosystemic shunts.
- Board Certified, American College of Veterinary Surgeons, 2004
- Staff Surgeon, Las Vegas Veterinary Specialty Center, January 2016-present
- Staff Surgeon, Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists, Houston TX, September 2004-December 2015
- Staff Surgeon, Oradell Animal Hospital, Paramus, NJ, August 2003-August 2004
- Small Animal Surgical Residency, The Ohio State University, 2000-2003
- Small Animal Rotating Internship, Oradell Animal Hospital, Oradell, NJ, 1999-2000
- Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, DVM, 1995-1999
- Cornell University, BS (Biology), 1991-1995
Dr. Hunter has presented at local and national continuing education meetings on various soft tissue topics. She has also written and collaborated on several publications in peer-reviewed journals. She enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons when not working. Their Golden and Labrador Retrievers, one cat, and two horses keep everyone very busy.